It's time for Friday 5!
I haven't been blogging much lately because well - gaming and reading! I figured I would backtrack and do a double and I am a day late. As they say... Better late than never! 😁
Friday Five February 19: BRR ❄️
1. What will you remembrr about this past week? That we broke records here in Texas.
2. What’s trying its best to clobbrr you these days? Trying to stay strong for my daughter, who has Autism and GAD. This pandemic has really screwed therapy sessions up these days.
3. What’s going on in the neighbrrhood? Well, considering the ice and snow that we just accumlated, this is a BIG change. LOL!
4. When were you recently required to summon some brravery? I feel like this on a daily basis. I guess that is why I have been diving into books so much lately.
5. Over what will you happily labrr this weekend? Reading. LOL! I live in Texas and we had a doozy of a historical storm sweep through here. No way was my state even prepared for what happened and I hope this was a wake up call. Just because we don't get weather like this doesn't mean we have to be unprepared. Hope everyone stayed warm!!! Friday Five February 26: A Clubhouse ain't nothing but a Sandwich 🥪
LOL! I remember all the chat rooms of the 80s/90s. I also remember getting all flustered with some guy when he wanted to get personal. I flat out told him I was 13 and too young for him, asking if he still wanted to chat. I think that was the last time I was able to venture into chatrooms. My dad had a fit. I think I will pass on the Clubhouse app. Besides, I have an android. 😆
1. What is the longest you ever spent on the phone on one call? Oh my gosh, I used to talk on the phone all the time, when I was in middle/high school. Probably three hours. 📞
2. When you were a teen, how important was the phone in your daily life? This was a staple in my life! I was on the phone all the time. In fact, if I got in trouble, my punishment was having my phone privileges taken away. And when that happened, I just hoped that I had quarters! 💰
3. How much do you use the actual telephone function of your phone today? Um, I don't own an actual telephone line these days. But even with my cell, I don't talk very much unless it takes 84 years to type out in text. Then a phone call comes in handy.
4. How well do you handle phone calls at work? I am not working right now, but even when I was, phone calls were only during breaks/lunch unless it was an emergency.
5. What are some good telephone-themed songs? Haha! The one that gets stuck in EVERYONE's head!
Our weather has been absolute psycho and we set all kinds of records here in Texas. We never lost power, but our water pressure was non-existent and we were under a boil water ban for over a week. Our water plant in my city is still not online at the moment and we are still getting water from Fort Worth. At least we can do dishes, laundry, and take showers now! LOL!
Welcome to Sunday Stealing- hosted
by Bev Sykes. Thanks for the questions each week Bev!!
In the past year have you –
1. Gone without a bra (Plastic Mancunian & Bud may skip this one!) Only when sleeping. LOL!
2. Skipped making your bed. Haha! I gave up on trying to make my bed when my husband I got married. My bed has to be made "military" style and the hubby has to have his feet sticking out. Now the covers just get pulled up because of the hairballs.
3. Ordered groceries to be delivered Nope. I refuse to order groceries. The first time I got a substitute instead of a message saying they were out was the last time. I didn't ask you to substitute. If it's not what I specified, then don't buy anything else in place of it.
4. Cooked a real meal. We cook quite regularly, although we do order a lot of pizza. 😆
5. Spent the day in pajamas? No. I always have to get up and get dressed to start my day. If I workout, I get up and dress for that, take a shower, then dress for the day.
6. Skipped shaving your legs. Not on purpose. I even shaved in the field when I was at AT when I was in the military. LOL! The last few days were a bit crazy. I live in Texas and we were so unprepared for that Winter Storm that slapped us upside the face. While we didn't lose power, we did lose our water pressure to the extent of not showering. I didn't shave for a few days and my legs were itching so horribly. Never again. I will whip out my bowl of water (heated) and razor first. It is so hard to sleep with fuzzy legs.
7. Spent hours on Instagram or Pinterest. Yeah, I don't use either of these myself, but I have looked up a few things on Pinterest.
8. Eaten in a restaurant. Not since Father's Day of last year. This pandemic has made me realize how little I need to actually interact with people, especially people who do not care about the welfare of others.
9. Skipped washing your hair. Again, not on purpose. LOL! I shower, wash my hair, and shave at least every couple of days, unless I am intensely working out, which has not been happening lately. My hair becomes very oily if I don't. Just gross.
10. Not folded the laundry. Um...yeah. I tend to forget this folding laundry thing sometimes.
11. Worked a puzzle. I haven't worked a puzzle since my mom passed away in October of 2006. This was something we used to do together. This and latch-hook. I miss those days.
12. Had Zoom calls. I can honestly say that I have never had a Zoom call. I have had many video calls, but never with Zoom.
13. Written letters. I used to write letters all the time. Now, I am lucky to get my Christmas cards in the mail.
14. Binge watched a TV show. Most definitely!
15. Gone barefoot. Nope. Just like I always get dressed. I always have shoes on my feet, even if they are sandals. LOL!