Welcome to Sunday Stealing- hosted by Bev Sykes.
Getting to Know You
1. Do you like or dislike surprises? Why or why not? Depends on the surprises. I am the type of person that wants to know what to expect. I don't like unexpected visits, surprise parties, meetings, etc. Now, gifts ... that is different.
2. In the evening, would you rather play a game, visit a relative, watch a movie, or read? That all depends on my mood. LOL! There are days where I just want to kick back and curl up with my book and listen to classical music. Then I have days when I can chill for hours playing games with my kids or watching a movie or two. Not too keen on visiting relatives right now.
3. Would you rather vacation in Hawaii or Alaska, and why? Oh wow. I would love to vacation in both Hawaii and Alaska! I would love to see the beautiful waters and beaches in Hawaii, and the snow-capped mountains in Alaska. My in-laws took an Alaskan cruise one year and the pictures they took were absolutely gorgeous.
4. Would you rather win the lottery or work at the perfect job? And why? I think I would rather win the lottery. A perfect job would be nice, too. Money doesn't equate to happiness, but at least you would be able to buy the things you need. Since my husband had to medically retire, things have been a bit tough around here.
5. If you could go back in time, what year would you travel to? I know most will find this crazy, but I would 💙 to go back to 8th/9th century (801 AD-900 AD). I have always been fascinated by The Vikings, Saxon England, etc.
6. Aside from necessities, what one thing could you not go a day without? Water. I will actually panic if I do not have a bottle of water close by.
7. How many pairs of shoes do you own? LOL. I literally own only three pairs of shoes. My running shoes, a pair of sandals, and a pair of tan canvas slip ons.
8. What would you do if you won the lottery? Move to Maine, buy a house, a brand new car, and enjoy the many new adventures that would come.
9. What form of public transportation do you prefer? (air, boat, train, bus, car, etc.) Um, I prefer to drive myself, or let hubby drive.
10. What's your favorite zoo animal? Elephants! I absolutely love these amazing creatures!
Rasha (Asian Elephant) painting at the Fort Worth Zoo
11. If you could go back in time to change one thing, what would it be? I have a few things that I would have done differently. But if things had not gone down the path they did, I would have never met my husband, who gave me my two beautiful awesome kids!!
12. How many pillows do you sleep with? Two. I only have two pillows.
13. What's the longest you've gone without sleep (and why)? Probably when my husband was hospitalized after his Traumatic Brain Injury. He was in ICU for two days, then moved to a room for a couple of more. I caught a few 💤 here and there, but I know it was over 48 hours those first few days.
14. What's the tallest building you've been to the top in? Years ago, my sister took me to Reunion Tower in Dallas, Texas.
15. What are your hobbies? I am an avid reader of historical fiction and romance, love gaming, and researching history. I don't watch much TV, but there are a few series that I keep up with - The Last Kingdom, Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir, and Cobra Kai.
Welcome to Sunday Stealing - hosted by Bev Sykes.
1. The best story your parents or grandparents tell about the good ole days. My Papaw (my mom's dad) used to tell me the story of the great chase. 😄 Evidently, my Nannie took dating to one serious level, and she definitely wanted to know exactly which man was going to "suit" her. My Papaw said she led him on a merry 'ol chase for months before she finally decided he was the one out of five. Five! I sure do miss my parents and my grandparents.
2. The best things in life are ... waking up and my family.
3. Things that drive me batty. Ignorant and callous people. This has to be the worst thing that is driving me absolutely crazy at the moment. This pandemic has really opened my eyes.
4. A place I'd like to live and why. Somewhere that is not as hot as Texas. LOL!
5. The best thing I've ever found. Well, I would have to say my hubby. Without him, I wouldn't have the two beautiful not-so-little kiddos I have. My family is everything. 💖
6. The best thing that happened recently is. Hearing from our attorney that SSA is FINALLY working on our paperwork.
7. I admire people who ... are kind and courteous. Those out there that still believe in morals and values.
8. What makes me special. That would be a great question for my husband and kids! 🥰
9. I am looking forward to ... just living LIFE day to day.
10. Things that scare me. A lot of things can be scary. Right now, a huge fearful thought that keeps rising up in my head is that something happening to my daughter. She was diagnosed with Autism right before her 3rd birthday. She is now 17 and was diagnosed with GAD back in November. Her Anxiety has only worsened and she is on three types of meds at the moment. We are waiting for her May appointment to get in to the cardiologist and a referral to see Neuro.
11. Complaints I have. Too many! Top of the list - those that believe this virus does not exist. So, what has killed over 3 million people worldwide?
12. I could never live without ...Water, Coffee, and books!
13. Things that make me laugh ... spending time with my family at home! I enjoy kicking back gaming with my kiddos, or watching a movie/series together. After my husband's TBI, he likes to spend a lot of time outside, and I will sit outside with him, usually at night, and we can just sit back and talk about the days.
14. What is a new skill that you would like to learn? Well, I do wish I was more creative and crafty. I am getting ready to put together two shadow boxes for my daughter. One for cheer, and the other for Girl Scouts. I guess I will see how 'skilled' I get. LOL!
15. What brightened your day today? Grabbing my cup of coffee, and then hearing "Good morning, mummy." My daughter might be 17 years old, but having Autism makes her childish nature shine. And I would NEVER change it!!
Welcome to Sunday Stealing- hosted
by Bev Sykes. Thanks for the questions each week Bev!!
In the past year have you –
1. Gone without a bra (Plastic Mancunian & Bud may skip this one!) Only when sleeping. LOL!
2. Skipped making your bed. Haha! I gave up on trying to make my bed when my husband I got married. My bed has to be made "military" style and the hubby has to have his feet sticking out. Now the covers just get pulled up because of the hairballs.
3. Ordered groceries to be delivered Nope. I refuse to order groceries. The first time I got a substitute instead of a message saying they were out was the last time. I didn't ask you to substitute. If it's not what I specified, then don't buy anything else in place of it.
4. Cooked a real meal. We cook quite regularly, although we do order a lot of pizza. 😆
5. Spent the day in pajamas? No. I always have to get up and get dressed to start my day. If I workout, I get up and dress for that, take a shower, then dress for the day.
6. Skipped shaving your legs. Not on purpose. I even shaved in the field when I was at AT when I was in the military. LOL! The last few days were a bit crazy. I live in Texas and we were so unprepared for that Winter Storm that slapped us upside the face. While we didn't lose power, we did lose our water pressure to the extent of not showering. I didn't shave for a few days and my legs were itching so horribly. Never again. I will whip out my bowl of water (heated) and razor first. It is so hard to sleep with fuzzy legs.
7. Spent hours on Instagram or Pinterest. Yeah, I don't use either of these myself, but I have looked up a few things on Pinterest.
8. Eaten in a restaurant. Not since Father's Day of last year. This pandemic has made me realize how little I need to actually interact with people, especially people who do not care about the welfare of others.
9. Skipped washing your hair. Again, not on purpose. LOL! I shower, wash my hair, and shave at least every couple of days, unless I am intensely working out, which has not been happening lately. My hair becomes very oily if I don't. Just gross.
10. Not folded the laundry. Um...yeah. I tend to forget this folding laundry thing sometimes.
11. Worked a puzzle. I haven't worked a puzzle since my mom passed away in October of 2006. This was something we used to do together. This and latch-hook. I miss those days.
12. Had Zoom calls. I can honestly say that I have never had a Zoom call. I have had many video calls, but never with Zoom.
13. Written letters. I used to write letters all the time. Now, I am lucky to get my Christmas cards in the mail.
14. Binge watched a TV show. Most definitely!
15. Gone barefoot. Nope. Just like I always get dressed. I always have shoes on my feet, even if they are sandals. LOL!