Sunday Stealing - Best Things to Talk About
Welcome to Sunday Stealing - hosted by Bev Sykes.
Best Things to Talk About
1. What is the craziest, most outrageous thing you want to achieve? I would love to move to Maine.
2. Have your parents influenced what goals you have? I would have to say my mom. She meant well, but she always made me feel like I would never accomplish anything, which in turn made me push more towards goals.
3. What is a fashion trend you’re glad went away. Does anything ever really go away? 😄
4. What word or saying from the past do you think should come back? LOL! It would take me all day to list words that should still be in use.
5. What do you bring with you everywhere you go? Water. I have to have a water bottle with me at all times. 6. Is there such a thing as a soul? Absolutely.
7. Is there life after death? I would like to believe there is. I guess I won't know until I actually experience it. My neighbor once told me that he wanted to be reborn a sparrow. He passed away in 2004, and now I have to wonder at every sparrow that I see if it is my neighbor coming to call.
8. Do you think there will ever be a third world war? Yes. Yes I do. There will be a war like we have never seen.
9. What smell brings back great memories? Fresh baked bread. I was born and raised in Fort Worth, Texas and oh how I miss the smell of Mrs. Baird's Bakery!! You could smell fresh bread for miles. It was absolutely wonderful!
10. How would you like to be remembered? For my honesty and kindness. As someone who would always be there, even when they were not there for me.
11. What kind of music are you into? The question should be what kind of music am I not into. 😁 My taste in music varies, but my favorite is Classical music and movie themed music.
12. What is the biggest surprise of your life? Homeschooling. I never thought of myself as being "the" educator, but when the public school system failed my daughter - it was time. This is my seventh year to homeschool, and my last. My son graduated in 2018 and my daughter is graduating a year early. The years go by too fast!!
13. If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be? Steak.
14. Where is the most awe inspiring place you have been? In July of 2018, I told my husband I was going to pick a place on the US map and we were going there on our next vacation. I chose Bangor, Maine, and that September we hopped on a plane. I white-knuckled the armrest on both flights. LOL. But even the beauty flying over was enough for me to let go and look out the window. I can still taste the crisp, clean air and when I close my eyes, I can see the pines and the beautiful colors in my mind. In four hours, you could be sitting in New Hampshire having lunch. In three hours, looking at Canada!! In an hour at the beach. Yeah, Texas is "blah" to me now and I despise the heat these days. It takes FIVE HOURS just to get to the Gulf of Mexico.