It's time for Friday 5!
What's due for renewal? Probably game memberships, but they are automatic. I just check to make sure they post to my bank account.
When did you most recently replace something good with something inferior? Nothing recently.
What statement did you recently have to recant? Telling my niece that she never visits anymore. She was practically raised with my kids and she always "lived" at our house during summer and school breaks. She showed up this afternoon before going to work the Ren Faire.
What’s refreshed you this week? Actually getting some things done around my house. I have been going through old photos and ditching quite a few that are either doubles, or look horrible.
What’s a fond memory you have of elementary school recess? Racing one of the boys named Kip. LOL! I started running track my 4th grade year and I was the fastest girl in my school. We would race each other at recess and it was always quite fun!
Welcome to Sunday Stealing - hosted by Bev Sykes.
1. The best story your parents or grandparents tell about the good ole days. My Papaw (my mom's dad) used to tell me the story of the great chase. 😄 Evidently, my Nannie took dating to one serious level, and she definitely wanted to know exactly which man was going to "suit" her. My Papaw said she led him on a merry 'ol chase for months before she finally decided he was the one out of five. Five! I sure do miss my parents and my grandparents.
2. The best things in life are ... waking up and my family.
3. Things that drive me batty. Ignorant and callous people. This has to be the worst thing that is driving me absolutely crazy at the moment. This pandemic has really opened my eyes.
4. A place I'd like to live and why. Somewhere that is not as hot as Texas. LOL!
5. The best thing I've ever found. Well, I would have to say my hubby. Without him, I wouldn't have the two beautiful not-so-little kiddos I have. My family is everything. 💖
6. The best thing that happened recently is. Hearing from our attorney that SSA is FINALLY working on our paperwork.
7. I admire people who ... are kind and courteous. Those out there that still believe in morals and values.
8. What makes me special. That would be a great question for my husband and kids! 🥰
9. I am looking forward to ... just living LIFE day to day.
10. Things that scare me. A lot of things can be scary. Right now, a huge fearful thought that keeps rising up in my head is that something happening to my daughter. She was diagnosed with Autism right before her 3rd birthday. She is now 17 and was diagnosed with GAD back in November. Her Anxiety has only worsened and she is on three types of meds at the moment. We are waiting for her May appointment to get in to the cardiologist and a referral to see Neuro.
11. Complaints I have. Too many! Top of the list - those that believe this virus does not exist. So, what has killed over 3 million people worldwide?
12. I could never live without ...Water, Coffee, and books!
13. Things that make me laugh ... spending time with my family at home! I enjoy kicking back gaming with my kiddos, or watching a movie/series together. After my husband's TBI, he likes to spend a lot of time outside, and I will sit outside with him, usually at night, and we can just sit back and talk about the days.
14. What is a new skill that you would like to learn? Well, I do wish I was more creative and crafty. I am getting ready to put together two shadow boxes for my daughter. One for cheer, and the other for Girl Scouts. I guess I will see how 'skilled' I get. LOL!
15. What brightened your day today? Grabbing my cup of coffee, and then hearing "Good morning, mummy." My daughter might be 17 years old, but having Autism makes her childish nature shine. And I would NEVER change it!!