Post a funny picture. Post a not so funny picture.
Post whatever weirdness you want. That’s it.
One thing for sure is this is a fun and easy meme to do. So come and join us in Happy Tuesday.
The axolotl, Ambystoma mexicanum, is a paedomorphic salamander closely related to the tiger salamander. Axolotls are unusual among amphibians in that they reach adulthood without undergoing metamorphosis. Instead of taking to the land, adults remain aquatic and gilled. - Wikipedia
My axolotl in Minecraft
It's time again for Tuesday 4 in memory of Toni Taddeo, our founder. Join in here!
Let's Talk About YOU this week!
1. How are you unique or different from your friends or family? How typical are you? I think we are all unique and have our differences. I have always been the 'black sheep' of my family, and even more so in my husband's. His family is huge and they always want to get together for everything. Having a special needs child and having family brush them aside sealed the deal as she got older. And Covid? Covid has changed everything, as well as my perspective of people. I am definitely not a "typical" kind of person. And definitely not a follower.
2. How do you spend your spare time? books, hobbies, visiting, TV, etc. I 💓 to read and listen to Classical music! I am also a huge GAMER MOM and play quite a few games with my kiddos. I am part of an adult group on Facebook that play Roblox and we get together every Saturday night for game night.
3. What was high school like for you? An endless stream of parties and cotillions! 😂 Well, not the latter, but I did party way too much in high school. I did not care for school the older I got, and a car accident ended my track and field days my Sophomore year. I quit the middle of my Senior year, but I did end up getting my GED and enlisting in the Texas Army National Guard for five years.
4. This question has multiple parts:
a. Handbag: designer style or any will do? I don't really carry a purse these days, but this style of Dooney and Burke drawstring will always be my baby. It was a birthday gift my freshman year of high school and I wish I still had it!! I have been thinking about acquiring another, but it has to be Vintage style (with the duck)! They are just so expensive, and I have more important things to spend my money on these days.
b. Pajamas or night gown? Definitely pajamas. I haven't worn a nightgown since I was a little girl!
c. Shoes: sturdy or pretty? While I would love to just shop around for the cutest and pretty sandals, any shoe I buy these days has to be sturdy. I have to have extra support for my plantar fasciitis.
d.home decor: classic, modern, farm house style, traditional? LOL! Every room of my house is different and I am not a huge fan of particular decor. Sad, huh? I do like the farm house style and I am big on vintage.
e. Movies: feel good, drama, romance, action? It really depends on what mood I am in. I enjoy lots of different genres of movies.
Welcome to Sunday Stealing - hosted by Bev Sykes.
One Direction Asks
1. Are you a Jeopardy fan? Who do you want to replace Alex Trebeck? I used to watch Jeopardy all the time years ago! Loved Alex Trebeck, and no one can ever really replace him! It appears that Jeopardy is still in need of a host and I think LeVar Burton would be great!
2. What’s your favorite horror film? Stephen King's IT hands down. The original series was awesome! I am not a fan of the remake and of course, the book is always better!!
3. Are you a possessive person? No. I can be possessive about objects, but not really people.
4. Who’s your idol? I always thought of my dad as my idol, especially when I was a little girl. I followed in his footsteps when I enlisted in the military and he always supported me in whatever I chose to do, even if he didn't fully agree.
5. List five things you can’t live without. Gotta love expressions and idioms! Five things I can't "live" without:
6. Where do you feel home? Home has always been Texas but I am so tired of the heat and humidity. When we flew to Maine a couple of years ago, I was dead set on moving. I want to be close to the ocean and close to things that I enjoy, like FALL, which seems to just skip over us here. Honestly, I take the phrase "Home is where the heart is" to heart.
7. What are your three best qualities? I have always considered myself to be a nice person. I am honest, brutally so to be exact. I think this comes across to some people that I am harsh and mean. But I am not. I am loyal and I have always stood up for friends and family, even when they stabbed me in the back. I am empathetic, which is sorely lacking in today's society.
8. Name three things that make you happy. I would say my husband and kids, my pets, and my computer, Max.Yes, I named my computer. LOL.
9. What helps you when you’re feeling down? Tuning in to my favorite classical music station and reading, or playing a war game. It honestly depends on my mood. 😀
10. Which big cities have you been to?Dallas is probably the biggest city that I have visited.
11. What’s your favorite love story? ( Book, film, etc. ) My favorite book love story is the Skye O'Malley saga by Bertrice Small.
12. Talk about the best concert you ever attended. Metallica LIVE!!! In Dallas at Reunion Arena in 1989! What a crazy night and I can't believe I didn't end up in jail. LOL!
13. What’s one thing you don’t ever want to change? My daughter's Autism. You near about trying to find a cure and all of that, but I would never want to "cure" her. She is the most amazing, loving, and caring person! 💗
14. What scares you? I am definitely scared of heights. I found that out when I enlisted in the military. LOL! So much for wanting to go Airborne!
15. What are three things you want to do before you die? I would love to visit Scotland and Ireland, and my friends in South Africa! I don't think that will ever happen. LOL. But I do hope to make it to Halifax to visit the Titanic cemetery and I would love to go to PEI!