It's time for Friday 5
1. How good are you at wrapping gifts? I think after 35 years, I have become proficient enough. I think I do a pretty good job and I love to match my bows and wrapping paper. 🎁
2. When are you likely to begin your Christmas shopping this year? I keep telling myself that I need to start shopping early. It never happens.
3. How do you feel about candy canes? Well, the only time we have candy canes is at Christmas when we buy a box or two to put on the tree. My son loves mint, but he prefers the chewy kind.
4. Have you been naughty or nice this year? I am always nice. Probably too nice.
5. In what way was today most December-like? It's not. Not here in Texas. December-like means cold, chilly weather. We have broken heat records here in Texas. 🔥
It's time for Friday 5!
What's due for renewal? Probably game memberships, but they are automatic. I just check to make sure they post to my bank account.
When did you most recently replace something good with something inferior? Nothing recently.
What statement did you recently have to recant? Telling my niece that she never visits anymore. She was practically raised with my kids and she always "lived" at our house during summer and school breaks. She showed up this afternoon before going to work the Ren Faire.
What’s refreshed you this week? Actually getting some things done around my house. I have been going through old photos and ditching quite a few that are either doubles, or look horrible.
What’s a fond memory you have of elementary school recess? Racing one of the boys named Kip. LOL! I started running track my 4th grade year and I was the fastest girl in my school. We would race each other at recess and it was always quite fun!
It's time for Friday 5!
1. In what way have you recently been rebellious? Those days are long ago. 😂
2. What fond memories do you have of camping out? I haven't been 'camping' since my military days! One of my fondest has to be during Army Basic Combat Training when we were on Bivouac (camping military style). During training, we always had to have our weapon with us, and this means even at night. My Drill Sergeant tried to steal my weapon, but thankfully I had my sling wrapped around my foot. LOL! It was quite funny. The following pic is out of one of the training manuals.
3. When did you last have a snow cone, or something similar? Gosh, I haven't had an actual snow cone in a couple of years. We used to have this little snow cone stand down the street and they had the best snow cones. Now ice cream is something that we constantly have on hand. We buy our milk from this store called Braum's, and we always end up with ice cream sandwiches and bars to stock the fridge.
4. Where do you have difficulty fitting in? Where do you easily fit in? I don't stay in the box and being the parent of a child with special needs seems to definitely affect real life friendships, even for the adult. Parents of neurotypical children tend to shy away from those of us that have kids that are considered 'neuro-diverse'. My daughter has Autism and General Anxiety Disorder. She has always had a hard time making friends and fitting in, which made me feel like an outsider trying to fit in with other moms. If the friendship with the child didn't work, then most of the time the friendship with the adult didn't either. At least that has been my experience. Now, I have managed to make a ton of friends online with some of these friendships lasting over 20 years. I am in a couple of mom groups relating to books and gaming, and I am also part of a Minecraft community that supports kids and families with Autism.
5. How do you feel about bananas? I usually have to be in the right frame of mind and mood to eat bananas. Because I have been trying to eat healthier and exercise, they are part of my daily diet now. I try to find them on the small side, and they have to be greenish yellow. Perfect ripeness! Not to hard to eat, and not chewy.