Tuesday 4 - Meals Past and Present/Back to School
My participation in memes and just blogging has been hit or miss lately. Finally working a full-time job and I am still trying to adjust. LOL! I haven't worked a full time job in decades! 😁
Hello and welcome to Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4
This week let's talk about food and menus
past and present....
1. What was your favorite meal as a child? As a teen? As a young adult and what is it be now? Spaghetti and homemade meatballs. Yes, they are still my favorite, even now. LOL!
2. What did Mom make for breakfast? Lunch? Dinner? Do you recall the menus? My mom cooked every meal when I was growing up - until she had to go to work full time because my dad lost his job at Bell Helicopter. Mornings and lunch were up to us until dinner.
3. How was dinner time as a young newly wed? Plain.. fancy? Set the table of just catch as catch can? If you aren't married, how was dinner living on your own? Do you invite people over or to go out to eat? LOL! I have been married over 22 years and we have never been fancy. My husband loves to cook and he cooks quite a bit. Years back when he was an OTR trucker, I cooked almost every night for me and the kiddos, and he would cook on weekend when he was home. I am not much of a hostess, so no I don't invite people over. LOL! We go out to eat occasionally. It has become less frequent because of Covid and I just honestly don't want to be around people.
4. Is it important for family to eat together at the table in the evening or for breakfast? Why do you think so or not? Growing up we always sat down at the table to eat. There were no ifs, ands, or buts about it. As I got older and started working, I was not home to eat dinner, so it became less frequent. We always ate together as a family when my kids were little. Now, it is kind of a pick and choose because schedules vary. Sometimes we will stay in the kitchen and eat and talk.
1. You are back in high school... what are you doing after school lately? Hanging with my Business Professionals of America peeps during the week and going out with friends on the weekends!
2. Do you do homework early or late? Do you really study? I am definitely not the studios type. Homework is always a pain and I always wait until the last minute to get it done.
3. a. Do you go to the games? Football? Basketball.. what is your favorite to attend? I always go to the Homecoming football game.
b. Do you go to the dances? Prom? (what'd you wear?) My boyfriend's Prom, who happens to be two years older than me. My mom chooses my dress. 😳 After that - nope. No more dances for me.
4. Lunch! What are we having today? What is your favorite lunch? We are headed to Taco Bell or Taco Cabana for lunch!! LOL! Whatever we can eat in 25 minutes!
School was not my cup of tea and I ended up quitting my Senior year and getting my GED, and then going into the military.