Updated: Aug 21, 2022
It's time for Friday 5!
Yay! I finally get to participate again!
The last few weeks have been crazy crazy for me and my family.
1. Who are your three latest celebrity crushes? LOL! I don't really have celebrity crushes, but Nick Bateman pops up quite a bit in my Smoaksters book group on FB and he is absolutely without a doubt my Professor James Hunter. Well, aside from my hubby that is. 😉
2. What three strange things have you done during the pandemic? I don't think I have done anything strange. I have always been a homebody, so staying home and not going places has not really affected me. 3. What three goals do you have for the weekend?
#1) This weekend will be filled with cleaning. I have to clean, mop, disinfect, and bleach both bathrooms.
#2) Grade papers. Term 2 just ended and now I have to rev up the projects for Term Three. My daughter is not exactly happy that I added an extra month on to school, but with all the Dr. Appts, Therapy, and hospital visits - there has just been too much going on to slack off. The end of August is now Graduation month.
#3) Organize my desk.
4. What three things are you avoiding? I really don't try to avoid things. But I guess you could say that I have definitely limited my contact with others because I want to try to stay healthy, and it's not just Covid, although I wish more people that I know would take it more serious. My son just got out of the hospital because of cellulitus, which is a bacterial infection. We have no idea how, as this usually enters through a wound or bite. I am also getting ready to start up a Blogilates program with Cassie and I want to be able to keep at it. I need energy to do this. LOL. 5. What three things are you feeling pretty good about? #1) Losing Weight and keeping my stress levels down
#2) Getting my house organized
#3) Making this year awesome
Updated: Aug 21, 2022
It's time for Friday 5! Yes, it's Saturday but...
What’s your favorite root vegetable, and what’s your favorite way to eat it? Carrots! I ❤️ me some carrots! I buy whole carrots only. The taste of the ones already peeled and cut is blah to me. LOL. I peel, wash, cut them into slices, and dip them in a cold ranch dressing for a great snack. They are also one of my favorite sides - steamed (tender with a bit of a crisp) and drizzled with garlic butter!
What’s your favorite leafy green, and what’s your favorite way to eat it? I am not a huge fan of leafy greens, but I do enjoy a good Chicken Caesar salad with fresh cut romaine lettuce (center cut out), and a creamy Caesar dressing. Oh, and add sunflower seeds!
What’s your favorite legume, and what’s your favorite way to eat it? Green beans! One of my fondest memories is picking fresh green beans from my grandfather's garden with my mom. Afterwards we would go home and snap them. My mom made the best green beans, and my daughter and I enjoy doing this together as well.
What’s your favorite vegetable to put on a pizza? Um, well, I don't really eat veggies on my pizza, but I have had a pretty good one that had roasted chicken and red bell peppers on it once. My favorite pizza though is of the Hawaiian style - yes I eat mine with Canadian bacon and PINEAPPLE. 😄
What’s your favorite fruit to eat in a green salad? I don't usually eat fruit on my salad, but I have eaten one with mandarin oranges.
It's time for Friday 5!
I haven't been blogging much lately because well - gaming and reading! I figured I would backtrack and do a double and I am a day late. As they say... Better late than never! 😁
Friday Five February 19: BRR ❄️
1. What will you remembrr about this past week? That we broke records here in Texas.
2. What’s trying its best to clobbrr you these days? Trying to stay strong for my daughter, who has Autism and GAD. This pandemic has really screwed therapy sessions up these days.
3. What’s going on in the neighbrrhood? Well, considering the ice and snow that we just accumlated, this is a BIG change. LOL!
4. When were you recently required to summon some brravery? I feel like this on a daily basis. I guess that is why I have been diving into books so much lately.
5. Over what will you happily labrr this weekend? Reading. LOL! I live in Texas and we had a doozy of a historical storm sweep through here. No way was my state even prepared for what happened and I hope this was a wake up call. Just because we don't get weather like this doesn't mean we have to be unprepared. Hope everyone stayed warm!!! Friday Five February 26: A Clubhouse ain't nothing but a Sandwich 🥪
LOL! I remember all the chat rooms of the 80s/90s. I also remember getting all flustered with some guy when he wanted to get personal. I flat out told him I was 13 and too young for him, asking if he still wanted to chat. I think that was the last time I was able to venture into chatrooms. My dad had a fit. I think I will pass on the Clubhouse app. Besides, I have an android. 😆
1. What is the longest you ever spent on the phone on one call? Oh my gosh, I used to talk on the phone all the time, when I was in middle/high school. Probably three hours. 📞
2. When you were a teen, how important was the phone in your daily life? This was a staple in my life! I was on the phone all the time. In fact, if I got in trouble, my punishment was having my phone privileges taken away. And when that happened, I just hoped that I had quarters! 💰
3. How much do you use the actual telephone function of your phone today? Um, I don't own an actual telephone line these days. But even with my cell, I don't talk very much unless it takes 84 years to type out in text. Then a phone call comes in handy.
4. How well do you handle phone calls at work? I am not working right now, but even when I was, phone calls were only during breaks/lunch unless it was an emergency.
5. What are some good telephone-themed songs? Haha! The one that gets stuck in EVERYONE's head!