It's time for Friday 5! A day late.
1. Which celebrity couple, past or present, do you find particularly interesting? I have always loved the relationship that Danny Devito and Rita have shared all these years. I was sad to hear that they had separated yet again
2. A couplet is a pair of rhyming lines of verse, one after another. In the form of a couplet, how would you describe your weekend? I read this years ago and it definitely applies to me. I have been averaging almost a book a day lately. Yay! Books have powers over me, Inside a book I am not free.
3. With what (or whom) have you recently, consciously uncoupled? It really is sad that in so many instances, once you are no longer a "visual" presence in someone's life, you kind of get pushed aside. This has led to many friendships that have been "uncoupled" to become mere acquaintances.
4. When did you last purchase something in a two-pack only because it doesn't come in a one-pack? Well, for some reason here lately, I have not been able to find my printer ink in black on individually. Walmart wanted over $30 for a two pack, so I turned to Amazon and found a tri-color/black ink two pack for $24.00. I think I got the better deal!
5. What were you doing a couple of hours ago, and what will you be doing in a couple of hours? I have been gaming. LOL! I am playing Minecraft will probably play for the next couple of hours. This is how I de-stress. This is definitely therapy for me. 😆
Updated: Aug 21, 2022
It's time for Friday 5! I keep missing my Fridays, so you get the last two weeks! 😁
January 15th - Groovy, Rad, Lit
1. Which slang term from your youth, no longer in common use, do you remember fondly? LOL! "Talk to the Hand!" and "What's Your Damage?!" 2. What slang do you still use, ‘though it’s no longer in common use? Um, "Not Even!" I don't hear it much. 3. Which current (or sorta recent) slang terms do you particularly like? Since I play quite a few online games (with and without my kiddos) and several have chat enabled, I hear slang constantly. I remember a few years back asking my daughter what a certain word meant and she "LOL'd me. Yeah, I have picked up quite a few terms. Lit and Salty are my faves I suppose. 4. Which slang terms, past or present, do you especially dislike? OMG! I absolutely despise hearing "Baby Mama" or "Baby Daddy". 5. What slang terms are specific to your geographical region? Well, I do live in Texas, so you will hear Y'all and Howdy! LOL! Bless Your Heart is another one! 😄
January 8th - Watching My Figure
1. What are some figurines you own? Well, not many really. I do have some Santas around the world that my mom had started collecting. I am going to start collecting the diecast metal Nano Minecraft figures though. LOL.
2. What are you trying to figure out? Trying to figure out how the heck we are going to make it from Texas to Maine - permanently. 3. Two circles or one continuous motion: how do you write the figure 8? Two circles like a snowman. LOL! I remember in school my teacher reprimanding me on drawing my figure 8's from the wrong direction. I still stuck with circles! 😋 4. How do you feel about Fig Newtons? Um. Not a fan. They taste like flavored cardboard.
5. What’s a good metaphor to describe your first week of 2021? Grabbing the bull by the horn. LOL! Trying to stay positive!
Updated: Aug 21, 2022
It's time for Friday 5! (I am a day behind!) LOL!
1. What did you learn in 2020? Well, I learned more about humanity and some of my fellow humans, the lacking of compassion and empathy, than I care to admit. Sad really. 😶
2. What do you regret doing (or not doing) in 2020? I regret having to resign from new my job as Customer Experience Coordinator because of my foot. I worked with a few amazing people and my bosses were pretty awesome.
3. What are you proud of doing in 2020? I am so thrilled to have been able to read more. I have been averaging a book a day almost since September. I definitely met my book challenge this year! 😁
4. Whom did you get to know better in 2020? Not really anyone. I am a homebody anyway, and most of my friends I talk to are online.
5. What do you hope to accomplish in the remaining days of 2020? We only have a few more days left in the month of December. No sure I can really accomplish much more in that time frame. LOL.